Writer of Fantasy Fiction for Young Adults
Wednesday 24th of May 2017
Imperial Spy Imperial Assassin Imperial Traitor Dragon Orb: Firestorm Dragon Orb: Shadow Dragon Orb: Longfang Dragon Orb: Aurora Forging of the Sword Trail of the Huntress First Sword The Chosen One

What’s New?

by Mark Robson
September 2, 2014

I appreciate to many, I have dropped off the face of the world over the last 2 years, but I’m still here. I must admit that I’ve done comparatively little writing during that time, but I have still been chipping away at a couple of projects. The Devil’s Triangle Book 3 was not commissioned by Simon & Schusters (much to my disappointment – and no doubt to the disappointment of many who had enjoyed the first 2 books) but I have gone ahead and written it anyway. The first draft is a couple of chapters short of being complete, so one concentrated burst of writing will see that done and I will ensure that it will become available to the public in one format or another, so you can see how the story ends.

Why have I not been writing so much? Well there have been several contributing factors – the lack of a deadline was the first – I work much better under pressure. My wife and I also made the decision a couple of years ago to stop having aupairs living with us to help with the childcare of our two children, which has meant I have taken on many of the tasks that they would routinely have done. Also, I set up a children’s Tae Kwon-do club – Daventry Tigers – which has eaten a huge amount of my time and energy. It has, however, inspired me to write a new series for younger children – Warrior Kids, which is to be published by Caboodle Books and is illustrated by the superb manga artist, Chie Kutsuwada. The first book, Not Just for Kids will be available to buy later this month.

I have continued a fairly busy schedule of school visits and have been developing new workshops for younger children that follow the theme of physical bullying, which is the initial problem faced by Donovan in Warrior Kids. I’m looking forwards to trying them out this month in a couple of my local Primary Schools. Should be a lot of fun. More on what I’ve been up to soon.

11 Comments »

1. Good to know you’re still about! :P
    I’m glad I stopped off here after a re-read of a few of your books.

Comment by Tom H — September 29, 2014 @ 11:08 pm

2. Thanks, Tom. Nice to hear they’re still being read. :-)

Comment by Mark Robson — October 6, 2014 @ 10:15 am

3. Hi Mark!

Glad you haven’t disappeared :D
    Just wondering if you have any plans to release the Darkweaver series (or any other series) as eBooks?

Comment by john — January 15, 2015 @ 12:00 am

4. I read both books in devils triangle sires having got them off my grand son thought he had third book but trolled internite good to see its is coming out. any chance you no when? and is it possible to be informed when its out as my grandson after it too yours derrick diaper

Comment by derrick diaper — February 21, 2015 @ 6:36 pm

5. Just finished the second book in the Devil’s Triangle series. Loved them! Is there a list or something I can sign up for to be notified about the final book’s release?

Comment by Karen G — June 15, 2015 @ 8:30 pm

6. Hi Karen, I’m not currently running a list, but watch this space. The draft is complete and currently being edited. Not too much longer now.

Comment by Mark Robson — June 22, 2015 @ 9:35 pm

7. The draft is complete – more news soon (hopefully!)

Comment by Mark Robson — June 22, 2015 @ 9:37 pm

8. No immediate plans for Darkweaver, but all of the other books are now available on Kindle.

Comment by Mark Robson — June 22, 2015 @ 9:38 pm

9. Hi mark do you have any idea what format the 3rd book of the Devil’s Triangle will be published in I.e. Hard copy or kindle/ebook and a rough publication date cheers

Comment by Frank Boyd — October 15, 2015 @ 12:39 am

10. Dear Mr Robson

When will the third book in The Devil’s Triangle be able? The learners at Westcott Primary have thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the series and are desperate to read the third.

Regards
    Rona Souter
    School Librarian

Comment by Souter — May 5, 2016 @ 6:55 am

11. Now available on Kindle!

Comment by Mark Robson — September 21, 2016 @ 11:56 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.